Expedition to Wave Echo Cavern
Phandalin was a human village located northeast of Leilon and south of Neverwinter, where the road that ran from the High Road to Triboar faded into a trail. Phandalin was originally a farming community.
The orcs of the realm of Uruth Ukrypt (“Home of Uruth”) had destroyed all game in their realm, and, in search of food, they turned on the human settlements in the area, raiding them. Phandalin was one of these settlements that would fall under the onslaught of Orcs. The town was lost and abandoned in 951 DR.
Over the past 11 years (1474-1485) the city has started to make comeback due to mining interests within neighboring hills and mountains. The total currently consists of about 40 or 50 small log buildings, some built on old fieldstone foundations. More old ruins, crumbling stone walls covered in ivy and briers, surround the newer houses and shops, showing how this must have been a much larger town in past centuries.